YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking can happen to anyone. Texas A&M wants to make sure you have all the resources to help you or someone you know who has been impacted by sexual misconduct.
Some options for survivors might be to:
- Offer academic support- facilitate discussions with faculty members, help reschedule tests.
- Help a student impacted if they want assistance in changing living arrangements, parking location, or class schedules to reduce the chance of continued contact with the alleged offender.
- Refer the survivor to Student Health Services, the Student Counseling Service, and the Sexual Assault Resource Center. If it is timely, the sexual assault advocate will encourage the student to go to the emergency room and will offer to accompany them.
- Offer information about the University Conduct process and the survivor's rights in conduct cases alleging sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking.
- Remind the survivor that they may file criminal charges no matter what action is taken with the university.
- Discuss options for filing a police report.
- Click here for more information.
Review the information in the link above and contact Student Assistance Services at 979.845.3113.
Can't find what you are looking for? Please contact our offices at 979.845.3113 or come by Student Services @ White Creek.