PRIDE PEN PALS
Pride Pen Pals is designed to keep LGBTQ+ students connected to a supportive community while they are away from campus during the summer and winter breaks. Participants are able to select their pen pal(s) based on their identities and interests and are encouraged to actively communicate with each other. Participants can select up to three pen pals. The LGBTQ+ Pride Center hosts monthly socials over the break for all participants.
Pen Pals are expected to:
- Commit to the Pride Pen Pal program from Nov. 20, 2020 to Jan. 18, 2021
- Set a mutually agreed upon communication medium (e.g. email, text message, video call, phone call or handwritten letters)
- Follow the Aggie Honor Code
- Respect the privacy of all Pride Pen Pal participants
- Communicate with the LGBTQ+ Pride Center if assistance is needed
- Virtual Social: Dec. 17, 2020, 6 - 7 p.m.
- Virtual Social: Jan. 11, 2021, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Pride Pen Pals Timeline
|Nov. 9, 2020||Application opens|
|Nov. 20, 2020||Deadline to apply for Pride Pen Pals|
|Nov. 30, 2020||Deadline to complete profile in Pride Pen Pals matching platform|
|Dec. 6, 2020||Deadline to self-match with one or multiple pen pals|
|Dec. 7, 2020||Unmatched pen pals will be matched by LGBTQ+ Pride Center staff|
|Dec. 16, 2020||Virtual Social|
|Jan. 11, 2021||Virtual Social|
Applicants with questions about the LGBTQ+ Pride Center's Pen-Pal Program should contact Heather Wheeler, Director of Gender & Sexual Diversity, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.862.8920.