LGBTQ+ PRIDE CENTER
The purpose of the LGBTQ+ Pride Center’s Mentorship Program is to offer support and guidance to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning students at Texas A&M. Students are matched with a mentor based on academic and professional interests as well as personal interests and will meet with their mentor approximately once a month. Conversations between mentor and mentee can cover a range of topics including career and academic goals, relationships and family problems, transitioning to college, gender and sexuality, and LGBT issues that arise in collegiate and professional settings.
The goals of the Mentorship Program are:
- To foster mentoring relationships between lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, asexual, and ally (LGBTQA) students and LGBTQA faculty & staff that can offer support, guidance and resources to LGBTQ students at TAMU
- To provide support for students who are in the process of coming out, or who feel they are currently unable to come out
- To expose students to the diverse lives of adult LGBTQ members of the TAMU community
- To provide helpful resources to students as
- They explore issues related to identity
- To help connect LGBTQ students to the larger LGBTQ community, both at TAMU and the B-CS area
- To provide LGBTQ faculty and staff an opportunity to help students develop outside of the classroom and other formal TAMU venues
- Attend mentorship program events (2 per semester)
- Set a mutually agreed upon meeting schedule with a minimum of one meeting per month
- Communicate with the LGBTQ+ Pride Center about how the relationship is progressing
- Commit to the mentoring relationship and program for one academic year
- Respect privacy
Applicants with questions about the LGBTQ+ Pride Center's Mentorship Program should contact Tori Jackson, Coordinator of the LGBTQ+ Pride Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.862.8920.
The Mentor application is currently closed - check back at the beginning of the 2020-2021 academic year.
If you are interested in the GLBT Resource Center's Mentorship Program, please fill out the form below. Please note that space is limited due to the number of mentors, students will be paired on a first-come bases. This is to ensure the integrity of the program. If you are not paired you will be invited to all mentor program events.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com. We hope you will take advantage of this mentoring opportunity.