UPD WOMEN'S SELF-DEFENSE CLASS
UPD Women's Self-Defense is a 4-hour self-defense class specifically for women 17 years and older teaching easy to learn techniques for a variety of situations. During the class, participants learn:
- Situational awareness
- How to better protect themselves
- How to defend against an attacker
"I learned a lot last night and more importantly, I had the opportunity to put that knowledge in play to feel better prepared and I thank all of the officers that helped us to feel more confident in our voices and newly acquired skills. It was truly great!!” – Spring 2018 Participant
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR A UPD WOMEN'S SELF-DEFENSE CLASS?
- All participants should bring workout clothing and athletic shoes to the class. No open-toed shoes are allowed.
- Fill out the liability waiver below and bring it to class with you, as class will begin promptly at the start time.
- Faculty and staff wishing to use Wellness Release Time in order to attend this class should seek supervisor approval before class.
Spring 2020 Classes
Tuesday, February 18, 5:30-9:30pm
Wednesday, March 18. 5:30-9:30pm
Wednesday, April 8, 5:30-9:30pm
Class sizes are limited to 18 participants, and registration is required. All UPD Women's Self-Defense classes are held on campus at the University Police Department, located at 1111 Research Parkway.
All of the Spring 2020 self-defense courses have filled to capacity. If you would like to be placed on a wait list for any of the course dates, please email us at HealthPromotion@tamu.edu
The Brazos County Sheriff's Office also hosts a similar Women’s Self-Defense Course to the public. These classes are offered every month and are also free of charge. To register, visit the Sheriff's Office Women's Self-Defense course website. Once you have found the class you would like to take, click on the link titled "Register On-line". If you have any question about these classes, please contact SGaron@brazoscountytx.gov, or 979-361-4906.
We would like to recognize the University Police Department for bringing this program to campus and partnering with us to serve the Texas A&M Community.