UPD WOMEN'S SELF-DEFENSE CLASS
UPD Women's Self-Defense is a 4-hour self-defense class specifically for women 17 years and older teaching easy to learn techniques for a variety of situations. During the class, participants learn:
- Situational awareness
- How to better protect themselves
- How to defend against an attacker
"I learned a lot last night and more importantly, I had the opportunity to put that knowledge in play to feel better prepared and I thank all of the officers that helped us to feel more confident in our voices and newly acquired skills. It was truly great!!” – Spring 2018 Participant
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR A UPD WOMEN'S SELF-DEFENSE CLASS?
- All participants should bring workout clothing and athletic shoes to the class. No open-toed shoes are allowed.
- Fill out the liability waiver below and bring it to class with you, as class will begin promptly at the start time.
- Faculty and staff wishing to use Wellness Release Time in order to attend this class should seek supervisor approval before class.
Spring 2021 Classes
Due to COVID-19, the UPD Women's Self-Defense courses have been placed on hold. We will resume these classes once it is safe for all involved.
Class sizes are limited to 18 participants, and registration is required. All UPD Women's Self-Defense classes are held on campus at the University Police Department, located at 1111 Research Parkway.
The Brazos County Sheriff's Office also hosts a similar Women’s Self-Defense Course to the public. These classes are offered every month and are also free of charge. To register, visit the Sheriff's Office Women's Self-Defense course website. Once you have found the class you would like to take, click on the link titled "Register On-line". If you have any question about these classes, please contact SGaron@brazoscountytx.gov, or 979-361-4906.
We would like to recognize the University Police Department for bringing this program to campus and partnering with us to serve the Texas A&M Community.