HEALTH & WELLNESS: STRESS & RELAXATION
From finals week to organizational commitments to social life, being a college student can be extremely stressful. In fact, when rating their overall level of stress, 55.6% of undergraduate students experienced more than average or tremendous stress.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, you are not alone. The good news is: there are ways to cope.
- Try stress-busting study snacks such as oranges, pistachios, avocados, almonds, or raw veggies
- Engage in 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise a week
- Sleep 7-9 hours a night
- Practice positive thinking
- Utilize the "Night Shift" mode on iPhones to decrease the blue light and get a better night's sleep
- Utilize free apps that offer guided meditation, breathing exercises, or progressive muscle relaxation
- Practice anti-procrastination
- Ask for help!