TAKE BACK THE NIGHT
Take Back the Night is being hosted as a part of Sexual Assault Prevention & Awareness Month at Texas A&M University, on Thursday, April 7 from 6 - 8:30 p.m. in Rudder Plaza.
The mission of the international Take Back the Night Foundation is to create safe communities and respectful relationships through awareness events and initiatives, with the goal of ending all forms of sexual violence. We will honor this initiative by building awareness, providing prevention education and intervention-based resources, allowing a space for connection and community building, and active fundraising for our local response agencies that assist survivors of sexual violence, dating & domestic violence, child abuse, and human trafficking: the Sexual Assault Resource Center (SARC) of Brazos Valley, Scotty’s House, Twin City Mission Domestic Violence Services and UnBound Bryan-College Station.
This is an open event that anyone may attend for the entire time or part of the time. We encourage students, professional staff and faculty, and community members to participate, show their commitment to the cause, and support the message that our Aggie community values prevention education and the work our local response agencies do to help survivors in our community.
- 6:30 p.m. | Event begins in Rudder Plaza
- 6:30 - 7:15 p.m. | Resource tables, hosted by our local response agencies, student organizations and campus departments
- 7:15 - 7:35 p.m. | Keynote & community speakers
- 7:35 - 7:50 p.m. | Awareness Walk: Rudder to Academic Plaza, Return to Rudder Plaza
- 7:50 - 8:05 p.m. | Survivor, advocate and ally speak out; Femmatas performance
- 8:05 p.m. | Candlelight Moment of Empowerment
- 8:10 - 8:30 p.m. | Additional Resource Tabling, Donation Bidding, Closing Statement
- 9:00 p.m. | Event concludes
Event Hosts & Sponsors
Take Back the Night 2022 is being co-hosted by the Office of Health Promotion and the student organization Feminism4Aggies.
The student organization Sophomore Leaders Impacting, Developing and Educating (SLIDE) is a co-sponsor of this event, who is recognizing Take Back the Night as one of their events for their Sexual Assault Awareness Week (SAAW), which will be held on and around campus April 4-8, 2022.
Ways to Support Take Back the Night
- Host a resource table at Take Back the Night: tx.ag/TBTNResource
- Support our service providers by donating directly to their organizations or participating in the silent auction. Silent auction sponsors include the Texas A&M Hotel & Conference Center, Kendra Scott, Messin Hof Winery, White Elm Day Spa, Buff City Soaps, Giddy Up Glamour, Raising Cane's Chicken, The BCS Axe House, and more. The Silent Auction & Donation site will open starting Thursday, March 31 at tx.ag/TBTNDonate
- Donate an item from your business or department for the silent auction.
- Host a profit share at your business on April 7, in honor of Take Back the Night. Proceeds are split evenly between all direct service providers. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sexual Assault Prevention & Awareness Month
April is observed as Sexual Assault Prevention & Awareness Month. This initiative was officially declared in 2001 by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, with the purpose of unifying state coalitions, college campuses, and community organizations in their efforts to end all forms of sexual assault, harassment, and abuse.
Please see our official calendar of events for this initiative. Events and programs are hosted by Health Promotion, student organizations on campus, and community organizations throughout April. We hope that you will join us in solidarity to each other as an Aggie community and the broader communities you represent.