GET INVOLVED WITH HEALTH PROMOTION
Looking for ways to get involved on campus? Several student organizations and peer education groups are advised through Health Promotion. In addition to the list below, you can check out our Programs, Services, and Events page for more opportunities to get involved with health and wellness.
We are committed to diversity. It is our policy not to discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Furthermore, we will maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Student Employee (Two Openings)
- Assist professional staff with planning, implementing, and assessing programs and services (examples: creating marketing materials, engaging students at tabling events, etc.)
- Develop or update program content and educational resources as needed (examples: newsletters, brochures, website management)
- Perform administrative tasks such as data entry, scheduling workshops, and preparing supplies for programs
- Exhibit exceptional customer service, professionalism, and team work
- Opportunities to prepare and deliver presentations to student groups
- Must be a currently enrolled student
- Must be in good standing with the University (Student Rules 27)
- Available some nights and weekends
- Comfortable working in a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Committed to a minimum of 12 hours per week for at least three semesters beginning Fall 2021
- Email your resume and cover letter to Angela Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: August 11 at 5 p.m.
5 in 2 is a student-led, campus-wide campaign that aims to educate the Texas A&M University community about the definition of binge drinking, consuming five alcoholic beverages in under two hours, and to emphasize the negative social and physical consequences of college-age binge drinking. 5 in 2 aspires to increase awareness of the undesired results, situations and consequences associated with the over-consumption of alcohol among college students. We are not currently recruiting student volunteers for 5 in 2, but follow us on social media to learn about upcoming events.
Aggie Elevate is a peer education group with a mission to create a campus environment that values leadership and elevates student well-being.
SHREC, the Sexual Health and Relationship Education Campaign, is a student organization focused on empowering individuals to make informed decisions regarding sexual health and autonomy. SHREC aims to provide awareness, education, and advocacy to the Texas A&M University body through events, partnership with other organizations, and collaboration with Health Promotion.
THRIVE is a wellness-focused community of Texas A&M University students. THRIVE seeks to support the academic success of its community members by engaging in health-centered activities throughout the school year targeting the dimensions of wellness. THRIVE signature programs include community dinners, year-long Wellness Warrior Challenge, Speaker Series, an adventure trip and more!