At Texas A&M, the Offices of the Dean of Student Life has over 100 employees! With more than 50 full-time staff members, 10 graduate assistants and 40 student assistants, we strive to serve the students of this university in keeping with our department’s goal of Supporting You.
Full-Time Employment Openings
All applicants for full-time positions require an application through Texas A&M University Workday. Below you will find a list of current positions open and a link to the position description and application.
Coordinator for Off Campus Student Services
The program coordinator is responsible for coordinating the general operations of the Off-Campus Student Services office including developing, managing, promoting, and implementing student development programs, activities, and/or services
Alcohol and Drug Prevention Coordinator
Apply here – Priority Deadline: 9/24/18
The Coordinator for Alcohol & Drug Prevention is responsible for coordinating the general operations of a prevention education area focused on issues of alcohol and other drug use, within Health Promotion.
Adviser for Graduate and Professional Student Council (No longer accepting applications)
- What does the structure of the Offices of the Dean of Student Life look like?
- See Division of Student Affairs and the Offices of the Dean of Student Life organizational charts
- How often does the department meet as a whole? How often do office staff meet? How often would this position be meeting with the direct supervisor?
- The department meets as a full staff once a month as well as holds two retreats each year. Program area meetings vary from once a week to every other week. Additional meetings include one on one meetings between supervisors and employees and department and division committee meetings. The frequency of these additional meetings may vary.
- What does the timeline for the hiring process look like?
- All full-time positions will be posted for a minimum of 5 days. Application collection times vary; we encourage you to submit your application materials as soon as possible. Feel free to contact our HR coordinator at Christinep@studentlife.tamu.edu for a more detailed timeline for the specific position you are applying for.
- Full-time positions generally have a phone interview round and final candidates will proceed to an on-campus interview.
- Are there professional development opportunities for this position? If so, what are they?
- The department has a Professional Development and Staff Training committee that organizes two retreats a year as well as lunch and learn events and speakers at department meetings.
- The Division of Student Affairs Staff Development Team plans monthly division programs with speakers that connect with the division’s strategic plan. The team also coordinates new staff orientation several times a year.
- Professional development funds are usually allocated for graduate assistant and full-time positions. Funds may be used for attending training and conferences with the approval of your supervisor.
- Additional professional developments are available through the Division of Student Affairs Professional Development Grant program. http://dsastaff.tamu.edu/dsa-professional-development-grant
- If I apply for a position using my LinkedIn profile, do I need to include a resume and cover letter?
- Yes, including a resume and cover letter in your application is strongly recommended when applying for a job within the Offices of the Dean of Student Life.