ODSL Student Employee Application
The Offices of the Dean of Student Life (ODSL) https://studentlife.tamu.edu/ is seeking outgoing, passionate, and self-sufficient students to join the team! It is our goal to provide a meaningful job preparatory experience and utilize your growing skills and knowledge to enhance our programming.
The offices within ODSL that are hiring include Health Promotion and Women's Resource Center. Both offices are located at Student Services at White Creek on West Campus. The office hours are Monday - Friday from 7:45am-5:15pm. Student employees will also assist with night and weekend programs and services that occasionally occur throughout the semester. For more information about Health Promotion and Women's Resource Center, please visit their websites: hp.tamu.edu and wrc.tamu.edu.
- Must be a currently enrolled student for the entire current academic year
- Must be in good standing with the University (Texas A&M University Student Rules, 27)
- Available some nights and weekends
- Comfortable working in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Committed to a minimum of 12 hours per week for at least two semesters
- Perform administrative tasks such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and preparing supplies for programs
- Exhibit exceptional customer service, professionalism, and team work
- Assist professional staff with planning, implementing, and assessing programs and services (examples: creating marketing materials, engaging students at tabling events, data entry, etc.)
- Develop or update program content and educational resources as needed (examples: newsletters and brochures)
- Opportunities to prepare and deliver presentations to student groups (examples of topics: stress & time management, general nutrition, women's leadership, etc.)
Candidates will be contacted via email of application status updates.