You are here
Student & Professional Organizations
- Programs and Events
- Resources & Referrals
- Get Involved!
(NOTE: These organizations collaborate with the GLBT Resource Center, but are not advised through the office)
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Aggies
- LGBTQ Aggies is a recognized student organization at TAMU, meets weekly. The purpose of the LGBTQ Aggies group is to provide support for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer individuals within the University and surrounding communities; to provide educational information on historical and current issues regarding LGBTQ individuals; and to create opportunities for welcoming, safe, and supportive social gatherings that strive to minimize the fear of harassment or exposure. Please visit their website at glbta.tamu.edu for more information.
Shades of Queer
- Shades of Queer is a recognized student organization of Texas A&M University that addresses the intersectionality of queer identity and other minority identities, such as ethnic and cultural background, socioeconomic status, gender identity/expression, religious affiliation, and much more. Our goal is to promote discussion, community, education, and activism among queer people at Texas A&M and in the Bryan/College Station community. Shades of Queer is dedicated to the goal, "discourse not discrimination".
- Aggie Allies are staff, faculty, and students at Texas A&M who have participated in our Safe Space training program called Allies Advance. Allies are individuals who are willing to provide a safe haven, a listening ear, and support for GLBT people or anyone dealing with sexual orientation or genderidentity/expression issues.Allies can display a placard in the office, classroom, or on their door showing that they are a friend to the GLBT community. They can also participate in continuing education opportunities (presentations, watch movies, go to events on campus, etc) and receive a ribbon to add to their placard.
GLBT Professional Network
- The GLBT Professional Network is an officially recognized organization for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender Texas A&M University faculty, staff, graduate students, and professionals within the Bryan/College Station community.
LGBTQA Graduate Student Group
- An organization for graduate student at Texas A&M which focuses on support, professional development, socializing, and philanthropy.
- Email: lgbtqaTAMUgrad@gmail.com
Lesbian and Gay Veterinary Medical Association (LGVMA)
- A professional organization for veterinary students that fosters acceptance, inclusivity, and professional development.